Monday, November 28, 2005

Political Musing and thoughts of thanks

I have always preferred Thanksgiving over every other Holiday. It is not tied to gifts or huge celebrations or spectacular decorations. It is just a time to think of all we have been given and for all the blessings of our lives. Of course it is a lot of work to prepare a great meal and I am always grateful for Nori and her tremendous effort to over feed us and then by the way complain when I eat too much of the good stuff she makes. I do not know why, but the meal this year seemed even better than usual. The turkey was moist, the potatoes were creamy, the stuffing was just fantastic, the supporting cast of veggies, gravy, rolls and jello concoctions were just too good. The pies were excellent.
Unfortunately we were not all together to give thanks for each other and the good things in our lives, so I just want to let you all know I am thankful for each of you and your efforts to carve a good life for your families. I am impressed with your efforts and desire to do what is right. I hope you all recognize the great blessings you are receiving.
I also want to say how thankful I am for this great country we have to live in. Listen to the attached song and watch the video. We too often loose track of those who give for our freedoms. love and thanks, dad http://www.beforeyougo.us/

2 Comments:

Blogger Britt said...

Fred,
That video was really touching-- I sent the link to my grandpa.

I missed being with all of you this year for Thanksgiving. We are really excited to be there for Christmas.

Have a great week.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Cami said...

Thanks for letting us be with you this year. It was a wonderful weekend, filled with a lot of fun. Thanks again, mom and pop, we love you!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home