Off to a Great Start

We've had a perfect day-after-Thanksgiving so far! I completed my "cultural rite of passage" and joined the throngs of shoppers at 5 am. I was home by 9:30 with some great deals, including a SAN-Disk (not SCAN-Disk) memory stick from Best Buy for Derek's PDA.
When I got home, Derek and the boys were getting the house straightened so that we could begin decorating our house for Christmas. It is so fun how in six short years, we've already developed traditions and memories-- most of which come from our own childhood Christmases. Nori, the annual ornaments are such a great tradition. Derek was excited to see his swinging mouse from 1988. My favorite is the bear-groom carrying the bear-bride over the threshold. Ethan remembered the Precious Moments kids' nativity. Reid was excited about everything, but particularly a Pinocchio ornament that Nick brought back from Italy. He kept pulling the string that made its legs jump and saying "I'm a real boy!" Derek has been meticulously arranging the village and making the snow look just right.
I think we'll barely get away with having Christmas presents and tree ornaments at ankle-level-- Luke has mastered getting up to his hands and knees, but can only make about one step forward before landing on his belly. We're betting he'll be crawling by the time we visit.
We hope you're all enjoying left-overs and relaxing. By the way, if you're looking for some good Christmas music, listen to Josh Grobin's version of "O Holy Night"--it's beautiful.

1 Comments:
sounds like a perfect day. Except for the early morning shopping.
we had 60 degree weather and perfect outside conditions. We accomplished nothing, but we had fun. Went to the demolition derby last night. Your boys would have loved the noise and the car wrecks. love dad
Post a Comment
<< Home