"Happiness Words"

The kids are in bed, and now Derek and I have begun the task of getting our lives back in order after a two-week holiday hiatus. We came across this piece of paper as we were sorting through a pile of one-month's worth of childhood art, deliberating over what could be added to the archives and what would have to be trashed. It's a good reminder that most things that bring happiness are quite simple. Ethan came up with these "happiness words" on his own last month-- I have no idea what prompted it, but it makes me smile.

3 Comments:
Thanks Ethan for the reminder of just how simple life should be. As adults we complicate things way too much and cause our own distress most of the time with our unrealistic expectations and demands on ourselves and others. This year I resolve to try to uncomplicate things. (That's absolutely the only resolution I'll share with anyone. I don't need anyone to remind me when I fail :)
P.S. A good dose of chocolate (Oreos)once in a while keeps you sweet :)
I just want to add one more word, family.
Post a Comment
<< Home