Saturday, December 31, 2005

Home Sweet Home


Well after a leisurely drive through 6 states we have returned to our beloved home in Traverse City. We had a great time in Colorado for Christmas and especially loved to see everyone. I am so grateful to have such a great family and that we are able to get together. I think that the EFG was a smash hit and hope that Gramma Yori and Grampa Phred will be willing to do another one next year. I decided that I would list a few of my new year's resolutions on the site so that you all will know what some of them are:
1. Relax! ease up on the drama and don't be so darned sensitive
2. Run! every possible day and even more on the weekends
3. Relish! not the pickle sort... Enjoy the fact that I live in a resort town, and that I have a great family
4. Rear! not of the behind kind... Raise my kids and be the kind of dad that mine, my brother, and my brother in law are
5. Read! Its Ol' Testament time... Anybody got any advice for understanding the OT
6. Reduce! Purge my life of unnecessary stuff
7. Rekindle! Remember how oogly googly I used to be with my wife?

Since we left our camera in Denver with the Hatch's I am posting another one. Long live the sun!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam Weaver said...

You look pretty sveldt there Derek. That's pretty bold you posting your resolutions. I have some this year, but haven't put them in writing. My first resolution is to write down my resolutions and then keep them hidden from everyone, but my wife. It was good to see you guys.

5:48 PM  
Blogger fred said...

Good long list of resolutions, son, when are you going to sleep?

7:38 PM  
Blogger fred said...

good resolutions. I am not a believer in resolutions. It just seems that no one ever chooses something that they would or should not be doing anyway. One should just start doing when ever one discovers the shortcoming. Oh well, go for them.
Old testament, get a copy of Joesephus, read the first, second and third thousand years by Skouson. Start with Job and then start from the beginning.

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home