Unfortunately my body is protesting the running that I am and want to be doing. I am having knee, hip and lower leg issues that aren't giving up. I have been to the doctor and am waiting for some test results. I have now found out that my left foot is an entire size bigger in length and width than my right foot, thus explaing my shoe fit issue. I have been told that my left hip bone sits nearly an inch lower than my right but that my legs are equal in length so I need to visit a choropracter (sp?) to be adjusted.
I am starting to conclude that my running should be limited to improving myself and my health rather than running races and great lengths (at least for now). I hope this changes as get into better shape, but I can't keep beating myself up for not being able to complete my training runs. I guess what I am saying is that I do not think I will be ready for the 1/2 marathon I was shooting for at the end of may. I would like to be able to run a 1/2 someday, but not that soon. I still would like to go to MI for a family get together but was wondering if we could schedule it another time! I know I was using the race to convince Jason to spend the money to go, but if I can't run and the kids are still in school maybe I will have to come up with another reason for him. Is there another date that we can all agree upon... during summer vacation? Sorry to be a PARTY POOPER! Strike 1: FAT, Old, Crippled me! Strike 2: Kids still in school for 2 more weeks. Let me know what every one thinks!
I am starting to conclude that my running should be limited to improving myself and my health rather than running races and great lengths (at least for now). I hope this changes as get into better shape, but I can't keep beating myself up for not being able to complete my training runs. I guess what I am saying is that I do not think I will be ready for the 1/2 marathon I was shooting for at the end of may. I would like to be able to run a 1/2 someday, but not that soon. I still would like to go to MI for a family get together but was wondering if we could schedule it another time! I know I was using the race to convince Jason to spend the money to go, but if I can't run and the kids are still in school maybe I will have to come up with another reason for him. Is there another date that we can all agree upon... during summer vacation? Sorry to be a PARTY POOPER! Strike 1: FAT, Old, Crippled me! Strike 2: Kids still in school for 2 more weeks. Let me know what every one thinks!

2 Comments:
First of all, Cami, don't apologize for the fact that your body is not cooperating. I'm so sorry you're having so many problems, especially when you have the DESIRE to train. You need to talk to Derek... this is where the osteopathic in osteopathic medicine actually comes in handy. A D.O. should be able to "manipulate" your legs and hips to get you "realigned." Even a slight alteration in hip alignment can make a BIG difference for your knees and feet.
As for the race in May, Adam and Alyson just called two nights ago to say the same thing... their kids' last days of school are the following Tues. and Wed., which of course they don't want to miss, but that wouldn't leave enough time for a good reunion. They are talking about coming in the first week of August so Derek and Adam can do a triathlon, but also for a vacation. We should be coming to Colorado for the remainder of August for an "out-rotation"-- a month of work in a hospital there.... that is pending...
Otherwise, we'd love to have you any time this summer. We might only be here this summer and maybe part of next summer, so you really do need to come take advantage of this awesome vacation destination! (In the summer.... right now it's gray and dreary. Snow would be fine, but it's been raining.) July 1-8 is the national cherry festival, which is supposed to be awesome. (and crazy, too.)
In the meantime, maybe an elliptical jogger would be the way to go for you to get in shape... I don't know if that would bother you, of course you'd have to go to try it out, but I loved that machine when I was pregnant with Luke and still do it when I get a chance to go to the gym... it feels better on my joints, for sure.
Hang in there, and try to not get discouraged!
well, britt already filled you in. we are thinking about going up there that 1st week of August until Saturday when I'll do the triathlon with Derek and then we'll probably head home on that Sunday.
Post a Comment
<< Home