Santa Knows Best

You can imagine how pleased I was when Ethan brought his globe downstairs from his bedroom and has been playing with it every day for the past week. He feels the surface of it and notes that there are "hills" in Colorado, he brings it out when we study the Doctrine and Covenants Scripture reader at night and shows us where Missouri is, and he was ecstatic to find Guatemala, where Daddy served his mission. He even asked me the other day how Santa knew which direction the earth turns (there is an arrow on the globe indicating the rotation of the earth.) I told him that Santa must have read a lot of science books so that he could make the globes. Even better, Ethan has not lamented even once that his globe isn't a "remote controlled robot."
That's not to say that we didn't learn our lesson... we'll make sure we visit Santa before December 1st this year so the boys can tell him what they want... even if he does know them better than they know themselves!

2 Comments:
I found that my kids hardly ever rembered what they had asked Santa to bring after they saw what he actually brought.
Wow! now it's geography!
I does not matter when you visit santa...they change their mind by the next week any way...Santa did great and used his know how!
Post a Comment
<< Home